- Pray for safe travel to and from Peru. We are flying out of Atlanta at 5 on Sunday, and will be leaving Lima around 1a.m. on Wednesday June 1st. Pray that security goes smoothly, and no passports are lost.
- Pray for the team's safety while we are traveling and working in Peru.
- Pray that my heart is open to what God wants to show me, and that my focus is completely on Him and the people that I am serving.
- Pray that I will reflect the love and the attitude of Christ at all times.
- Pray for unity of the team. (the only person I know personally is my roommate).
- Pray for the Pastor that we are working with, Pastor Jose and his congregation.
- Pray for good health, and that we will be able to eat the food provided for us with joy and that we don't get sick from what we eat.
- Pray for us as we enter Huarochiri, (which is the mountain that is 12,000 ft) and that we are able to adapt to the altitude.
- Also pray for the children that we will be working with in the villages and in the childcare center we are working with.
- Please pray for my parents and that the Lord will give them peace in knowing that I am in His hands.
Blog Description
A Glimpse Into My Blessed and Silly Life!
Saturday, May 21, 2011
It's Finally Here!
I am leaving for Peru tomorrow!!!!!! I have been so excited about this trip for so long, and it is finally here! I'm actually going down to Chattanooga today at four, so I guess you could say I'm really leaving today. I cannot wait to see what the Lord is going to do on this trip. It was pretty crazy how the Lord worked it out, so I know I am supposed to be going on this trip. The Lord has already taught me so much through this trip, and I haven't even left yet. From the very beginning I doubted his ability to provide for my trip. I didn't know how in the world I would be able to pay for this trip without the ability to take part in fundraisers, and not sending out support letters. However, God showed that He can provide in a big way, one that I am still very amazed at. My church provided for my trip, without me even asking for any money. This was a blessing, because I know many struggled getting there money to come in. I am very blessed to be in a church that is so loving and obedient. I cannot believe that I had even the slightest bit of doubt in my heavenly father. I'm excited about everything we will be doing while we are there. We will be mostly working with the child care centers in Peru, as well as the children of the villages in the mountains of Peru. We may be building a roof on a church as well. I am really excited about working with the children. We will have translators, which I think would be very cool because I will be teaching the lesson and the translator will be working with me. The first few nights we are going to be staying in the Andes Mountains in tents. We will be 12,000 feet in the air, and I am so pumped because I love mountains. (For those of you who know where Mount LeConte is, that mountain is only about 6,000 feet tall). It's supposed to be really cold there, so I got a warm mummy sleeping bag to keep me warm. I am just very excited about this trip, and about what the Lord is going to show me while I am there. Here are a few ways that you can pray for me while I am there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment