Blog Description
A Glimpse Into My Blessed and Silly Life!
Saturday, May 5, 2012
Chosen
It all starts when we are young, when we are standing on the playground praying that we won't be chosen last for the game of capture the flag. I can remember when I was in first grade and I wasn't chosen to be one of the Spice Girls with my friends, I was just the lousy photographer who got kicked out when I took a fake picture of a boy. We all long to be chosen for more than a basketball game or a silly club. It's always nice to be chosen to represent something, whether it be your school, class, or even the ministry that you serve with. I recently was chosen to move up at work to a front end manager. As lame as it sounds I was really excited because it feels good to be chosen. We all long to be accepted and loved by our family and friends. I'm a pretty independent person, and I usually act as if I don't care what people think about me. I still want acceptance from others. I want people to like me, I want them to choose me, choose me to be someone they want to hang out with and be around. I often put so much effort on trying to be accepted and chosen by other people that I forgot who I have been chosen by. Christ has chosen to love me, far more than any of my family, friends, or man could ever love me. Christ has chosen to be my friend, a friend that will never disappoint me. Christ has chosen me to represent Him, which is far more important than anything I will ever represent. I always seem to find myself taking this one for granted. I'm called to represent Him, to proclaim His name. I know this, yet I don't always do it. Not only do I not always do it, but I don't accept this as humbly as I should.What an honor it is to be chosen to represent the God who created all things, the God who gave up His son for someone who would disappoint Him, and the God who loves everyone equally and unconditionally. I concentrate on the fact that I can't do it, but there is another thing that God has chosen to give me. He has chosen to give me the confidence and the ability to represent Him. Instead of focusing my desires on trying to be accepted by others I should devote them to Him and the honor of being called His daughter.
Labels:
God Breathed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment