Blog Description

A Glimpse Into My Blessed and Silly Life!

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Fall Break Trip

I have officialy fniished my 2nd first nine weeks as a teacher. Wahoo! It has been a good first nine weeks of year two. I have a bigger class this year, but I love my kiddos. However, I defintiely needed a break. I was super excited about our week long fall break this year. My family planned a trip to Virginia to meet my brother and his family. Nathan even decided to join along and I was super excited about that. My parents left Friday morning, but Nathan and I left after I got out of work on Friday. It wasn't too long of a drive and we got there just in time to see the kiddos before they went to bed. We of course fit in a game of cards after the kids were tucked in. What would a family vacation be without cards?

I slept in the floor next to C in his blow up bed and every night he ended up crawling beside of me and sleeping with me the rest of the morning. It was nice to get these extra snuggles in. Saturday we got up and ate pancakes for breakfast before heading to a festival at the resort we stayed at. The resort has a really neat chair lift through the mountains but because of the heavy fog we decided to pass on the chair lift. I was pretty disappointed about not getting to take some pictures of the mountains, but Nathan and I enjoyed sharing a turkey leg from the festival. R got to ride a pony and get a face painted like wonder woman. She is certainly a spunky little girl. We headed back to the room Mom and Dad stayed back with the kiddos so the four of us could go to dinner. After dinner we played Taboo couple against couple. Nathan and I ended up edging out Jason and Traci before the girls kicked butt against the guys. I loved games like Taboo because it is a lot of fun and creates a lot of laughter, plus it is still competition (which is super imporatant to my family).









Sunday  the weather was a little bit better, but still wasn't a sunny day. We ended up playing two rounds of putt putt in the sprinkling rain. C loved playing and Nathan was a good helper. We went back to the room and watched movies and napped. Then, we sang happy birthday to Nathan and enjoyed some cookie cake. That night we picked up BBQ and relaxed in the room before playing more cards before going to bed.







Monday the kiddos and Jason and Traci headed back home after lunch which was super sad. Nathan and I planned to stay another day since he was on spring break as well. We played putt putt again with my parents before going shopping and going to dinner at Texas Road House. We ended the night with another game of cards before heading to bed. We had planned on spending most of the day at the resort but because of the rainy day we decided to head home in the morning. We had to stop at  Bass Pro on the way home, but I figured I owed him one.

It was such a fun, relaxing, and much needed weekend with my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment