So Monday I had my interview for the education program here at ETSU. Every education major has to go through the application process before being officially enrolled into the College of Education and continue on with the classes required to take to graduate. You have to fill out an application, write an essay, and have an interview. The application is the easy part just a lot of writing and filling in information about grades and other important things. The essay was a very important part of the boarding process and I worked super hard on it. I met with my education teacher twice and she helped me with it and so did my high school teacher Mrs. K and my principal. I spent a lot of time on it, and got a 22 out of 25 (all you need is a 17) so I was excited about my score. Then, Monday I had my interview. It was scheduled at 3:00 that afternoon and I had three friends that were having their interview before me and they all assured me it wasn't that bad at all. I had a pretty cute outfit so that gave me a little confidence before I went in. I was a big goofball and wore the biggest high heels I have, and for those who know me pretty well( ok lets face it, for those who have ever seen me take a step) know that I cannot not walk very gracefully, especially in heels. I struggled walking to the building in my high heels, but I did it without falling so I say I did pretty good with them. haha. The people who interviewed me were very nice and it seemed more like a conversation then people drilling questions towards me. However, they did question everything I said so I had to be careful what I said. Needless to say I am officially in the education program at ETSU, and I am so excited about just taking education classes because I love all the ones I am in now!!!
Blog Description
A Glimpse Into My Blessed and Silly Life!
Friday, March 18, 2011
High Heels and an Interview
So Monday I had my interview for the education program here at ETSU. Every education major has to go through the application process before being officially enrolled into the College of Education and continue on with the classes required to take to graduate. You have to fill out an application, write an essay, and have an interview. The application is the easy part just a lot of writing and filling in information about grades and other important things. The essay was a very important part of the boarding process and I worked super hard on it. I met with my education teacher twice and she helped me with it and so did my high school teacher Mrs. K and my principal. I spent a lot of time on it, and got a 22 out of 25 (all you need is a 17) so I was excited about my score. Then, Monday I had my interview. It was scheduled at 3:00 that afternoon and I had three friends that were having their interview before me and they all assured me it wasn't that bad at all. I had a pretty cute outfit so that gave me a little confidence before I went in. I was a big goofball and wore the biggest high heels I have, and for those who know me pretty well( ok lets face it, for those who have ever seen me take a step) know that I cannot not walk very gracefully, especially in heels. I struggled walking to the building in my high heels, but I did it without falling so I say I did pretty good with them. haha. The people who interviewed me were very nice and it seemed more like a conversation then people drilling questions towards me. However, they did question everything I said so I had to be careful what I said. Needless to say I am officially in the education program at ETSU, and I am so excited about just taking education classes because I love all the ones I am in now!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment