Blog Description

A Glimpse Into My Blessed and Silly Life!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Amazing and Life Changing-Part 1

I'm such a slacker and I cannot believe that I am just now posting about my trip. I've not really had much time because as soon as I got home my nephew was home so I spent as much time with him as I could when I wasn't working. Then, the next Monday church camp started and I was a counselor there. So, this is the first week that I've been home in a while and I'm trying to settle day and process these past few weeks. I want to share with you about my trip and how amazing and life changing it was. I spoke in church about my trip on Sunday night and it went well.
Day 1 of the trip was just us traveling there. We had no problems getting to Lima except for arriving a little later than expected. We arrived in Lima around 1 and finally got to the camp where we stayed for the night around 3 in the morning.

Day 2 of the trip we spent the morning at the baptist camp and then headed to the village up in the mountains where we would be staying for the night. We rode three hours up the mountain on a very narrow and rocky road. It was gorgeous and the mountains went on forever and ever. We were reminded of how big our God was. Once we got to the village we did a craft and bible lesson with the school children. We were told that no Americans had ever stopped in this village to minister to the people there. The children there where so sweet, and they loved on us as much as we did them.

Day 3 of the trip we rode by horse back even farther up into the mountains. It was even more beautiful than the day before and I will never ever forget the beauty of the mountans that surrounded me. We made it to the top safely and a little sore from the horse. We spent the day enjoying God's beauty and exploring it as well. We also built a fire and sang around the campfire as we admired the many many stars in the sky.

Day 4 we woke up really early because nobody had gotten a good nights sleep. We were supposed to spend the entire day in the mountain, but because many on the team had came down with altitude sickness we decided to walk down the mountain after a quick breakfast. It was a very steep walk, but God took care of us and we stayed safe. Once we got to the village we rested then loaded the vans for the three hour ride down the mountain back to Lima and then to our hotel.

Day 5
This was the first day at the childcare center and I loved it. When we first got there we moved rock and sand from outside of the childcare center to the second floor to prepare for the roof that needed to be built. I got to work with that for a while, then I helped with the second group of students which where older do crafts. I met David, who was a hoot and a litle bit of a flirt. After the childcare center we ate and then headed to my favorite place we ate at the whole entire trip. It was an ice cream place that  had the best ice cream in the world.

Day 6-10 to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment