Blog Description

A Glimpse Into My Blessed and Silly Life!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Amazing and Life Changing-Part 2

Day 6 was another day at the child care center. We moved some brick for more work on preparing the roof.  We also got to play with the kids outside for a while. I played with four five year olds and they were so sweet and cute as can be. I also did my lesson that day, which was a really neat experience to get to speak in English and then have someone translate for me.

Day 7 was a Saturday, so it was a little different from the first two days in Lima. We went to this little shop that had really good smoothie like drinks for breakfast and I loved it. Then we went to a different child care center that is newer and smaller. There we got to play with the kids and Ashley did her bible lesson. I met two sweet girls there that I want to sponsor, and they are still on my heart today. We also got a meal served to us by a mother in the village. It was very difficult to eat, but I learned the true meaning of sacrifice that day because she cooked for our entire team to thank us and serve us.
Day 8 we went to Pastor Jose's church and this was a great experience. It was neat to get to experience two different languages worshiping together. We also went to the market that day, which was also really cool. I wish we had things like that in America.


Day 9 was our last day at the child care center. This day I helped get things ready to mix concrete, and I passed buckets of concrete to pour for the frames around the window and the columns. Then I got to hang out with the kids again. It was really hard to leave the kids that day, because they had all stolen our hearts.

Day 10 was spent shopping at the market and traveling to the beach. It was a fun last day and the beach was beautiful.

I had a wonderful experience and I will never forget it. God taught and showed me a lot while I was in Peru, and I am still learning about it even now.

No comments:

Post a Comment