I am taking a Materials for Children's Literacy class and I love talking about all kinds of books. About once a week we have to share a book in a certain type of genre. This week we have to share a book in the realistic fiction genre and I have chosen to share a Junie B. Jones book. I loved these books when I was little. In the fourth grade my teacher Mrs. Lister read these to us allowed and we always loved it. I think that even as adults or whatever I am classified as can gain so much from children's books. I am reading it again, because when we share the book we are supposed to read it beforehand. I've only read the first three chapters, but basically Junie B. Jones is upset that Jim isn't going to invite her to his birthday party. At the beginning of the story Jim is being very mean to Junie B. and her friend comfort her. I love this quote from the book because it is so simple, yet it really shows what true friendship is.
"Then my bestest friend Grace put her arm around me. And she patted me real gentle. And she let me sit next to the window."
Also, is this not the best pillowcase in the world. The power rangers were the bomb.com when I was younger. I remember playing Power Rangers at my babysitters, and there were only other girl around my age that was there so it worked out. I was even a pink power ranger for Halloween. Oh how I miss those days of Power Rangers and Junie B. Jones.
No comments:
Post a Comment