Blog Description

A Glimpse Into My Blessed and Silly Life!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

God is good at unit plans!

I think it is truly neat and pretty cool when God allows similar stories, verses, and subjects to be revealed to you in many different ways. It's like He's got out a unit plan, and He's connecting everything we are learning. I may be going out on a limb here, but it's true. I'm reading through the books of the bible still and I am currently on 1st Kings, and Aimee and I are going through the book of James together during our weekly meetings. Last week we only got through the first 8 verses of James, but we really dug into them deep.The first four verses were about how the Lord allows us to go through trials because this gives us endurance and allows us to mature in our faith. The next four verses we really picked apart and looked up other scripture to just understand them even better.

" 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do"

We looked up verses throughout the bible to allow us to understand what wisdom really is. Then this week while I was doing my quiet time I read about Solomon asking for wisdom. He got it, he has the most wisdom of any man to ever live, yet he still screwed up. We are all weak, and we are all sinners even Solomon who was given wisdom fell short of the glory of God. He is a great God, and because of his gift of His son, we aren't seen for our shortcomings. As it said in James 1:5 God will give you wisdom if you ask him for it, but a lot of the times I don't always take His wisdom and use it. I rely on my own wisdom, which is far below my heavenly fathers, then I worry and freak out about my shortcomings and how everything is going to work out.  It goes on to see in verse 6 that you must believe, and not doubt because if we doubt then we are unstable in our faith with the Lord. I was reminded again by this during a song last night.
"So why do I worry?
Why do I freak out?
God knows what I need
You know what I need"

No comments:

Post a Comment