Christmas this year felt really rushed, and different. I feel that as I have gotten older Christmas just isn't the same as it used to be. I am a Christmas Nazi, as my brother likes to call me, but I love traditions and don't like it when they are changed. Sometimes I get too wrapped up in the traditions and miss the family part of the traditions. This year Jason, Traci, and the kids came in the Saturday before my birthday. That Sunday at church David joined us and I danced during the service. It was nice to get to be in the service and worship with my family. After church we came home and chilled and played games before going to Mammaw's for my birthday. We celebrated with a big huge spaghetti dinner and my favorite oreo cheesecake. We didn't really do all that much until Nathan came in on the 21st. We mostly enjoyed time together and relaxed and played with the babies. David and I went on a double date with Traci and Jason on Tuesday which was nice to get to spend special time with just the two of them. Thursday our Sunday School class had our Christmas Party, because of the sickness we ended up having the party at the church. We started out with food and catch phrase and eventually moved to dodge ball, yes dodge ball. Unfortunately, Traci, R, and C all got sick while they were in. They all went to the doctor on Friday and Nathan came home with the flu. It was an extra special Christmas at the Ws' house.Saturday we spent the whole day at the house just the family. Even though half of us were sickly, it was nice to spend time together. We made desserts, ate, opened presents, and watched A Christmas Story. Sunday we ended up skipping church because of the sickness and Jason, Traci, and the kids headed home. Even though we were only together a short time it was still nice to be together. We did Christmas Eve at Mammaw Ws' with ham, potatoes, one dollar poker, and presents. Then, Nathan and I woke up to Santa before having the Shelton's come to our house. I spent the afternoon and evening with David and his family. Overall, it was a great Christmas even though it seemed to go by way to quickly. Because of the sickness not many pictures were taken, but here are a few.
No comments:
Post a Comment